DJI – Introducing the DJI Mavic 2We had the pleasure to work with DJI on the CG and VFX segments for their Mavic 2 launch video. Working closely with their creative team we designed and produced sci-fi future themed environments, robots and spacecraft. Below is a Reel of the work we produced for DJI's Launch Video 'Introducing the DJI Mavic 2'.
Mavic 2 Drone Asset Development
Concept Development - Corridor
We developed several concepts for the Corridor and Laboratory, drawing from many references as we developed the theme and locked down the look.
Starting with 2 different concepts, the intention was to establish what kind of approach we would take in terms of proportions and style. We kept both designs quite minimalist and featureless.
For Concept 01 we’d gone for a more classical ‘future-human’ technology look.
Focused, claustrophobic, the laboratory doors are smoke white. These future-humans have come back to our time, bringing with them new technology we’ve never seen before.
Concept 02 has more of an alien, omnipresent, cathedral feel. Using clean lines, it plays heavily on massive simple shapes and volumetric fog.
Concept Development - Laboratory
With Concept 01 selected, we began with a rough blocking first pass for the Laboratory. We used this to help establish the proportions and style, which allowed us to move forward to a more developed and specific design.
- Art Directors: Antonio Milo, Fabrizio Fioretti
- Executive Producer: Tom Ireson
- CG Leads: Antonio Milo, Fabrizio Fioretti
- VFX/CG Artists: Francesco Buttarelli, Nunzio Bitetti, Iskander Mellakh, David Rencsenyi
- 3D Animators: Super Splines Studios (Aron Durkin, Matt Morris, Nicolai Marcher)
- Compositors: Antonio Milo, Fabrizio Fioretti, Nunzio Bitetti